Origin of dish:
No rating at the moment! Be the first to
Type of cooking:
Preparation time: 25 minutes
Cooking time: 95 minutes
Ingredients (for 8 people) :
500g strong white flourMethod: 1. Make the basic dough by placing the flour in a large wide bowl, tip in the dried yeast into a well in the middle.
7g dried yeast
1 tsp salt
½ tsp sugar
300ml warm water with 1 tbsp of olive oil in it
1 bundle (approx.250g) British asparagus, cut into 2 inch pieces
Handful (60g) black or green olives, pitted
3 tbsp (75g) sun dried tomatoes, halved
1 tbsp olive oil
olive oil and balsamic vinegar for dipping
2. Add the salt and sugar, mix and make a well. Then gradually pour in the warm water and oil mix bit by bit and use your hand in a claw like shape to mix well every now and then. You might not need all the water or you might even need some more but mix well until a soft dough is formed. Kneed on a floured surface for 10 minutes.
3. Then place in a warm place, like near an oven or an airing cupboard and let your dough rise until it is almost doubled in size.
4. Then once its double the size knock it back and then stretch it out to fit a large baking tin, for example one that is around 25 x 30cm. Then let it rest again for a further 15 minutes. Meanwhile preheat your oven to 210°C.
5. After the 15 minutes sprinkle over the British asparagus, olives and tomatoes and then press down with your fingers into the dough. Drizzle with the olive oil. Season well and bake for 20 minutes.
6. Once it’s cooked, serve with olive oil and balsamic vinegar for dipping.