Origin of dish:
No rating at the moment! Be the first to
Type of cooking:
Preparation time: 30 minutes
Cooking time: 15 minutes
Ingredients (1 litre) :
- 2 large apples, peeled, cored, gratedMethod: In a large large stainless steel saucepan over high heat, combine the apples, mangoes, sugar, onions, vinegar and the ginger.
- 3 mangoes, peeled, stones removed and chopped
- 300g granulated sugar
- 2 onions, chopped
- 125ml vinegar
- 3 tablespoons grated ginger
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 dessertspoon mustard powder
- 1 dessertspoon chilli powder or crushed chilli flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
Bring to the boil, then reduce the heat to a simmer. Allow to simmer uncovered for 15-20 minutes, until the fruit is tender.
Add the lemon juice, mustard powder, chilli powder and salt then continue to simmer for 5 more minutes.
Spoon the mix into hot sterilised jars and seal.