Type of cooking:
No rating at the moment! Be the first to
Preparation time: 0 minutes
Cooking time: 40 minutes
Ingredients (for 4 people) :
- 1kg (2lb 3oz) flat mushrooms – slicedMethod: Remove the stalks from the flat mushrooms and, using a spoon, scrape away and discard the dark gills, then cut the mushrooms into slices about 5mm (1/4in) thick.
and dark gills removed
- 100ml (3½fl oz) rapeseed oil
- 2 large shallots, peeled and chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, peeled and chopped
- Juice of ½ lemon
- 500 ml (18fl oz) chicken stock
- 250ml (9fl oz) double cream
- 125g (4½oz) butter, diced
- 250g (9oz) mixed mushrooms (such as chestnut, portabello and oyster) roughly chopped
- 5g (1/4oz) chervil, chopped
- 50g (2oz) coriander cress or micro salad leaves
- Salt and black pepper
Place a large, heavy-based saucepan over a medium heat, pour in half the rapeseed oil, then add the shallots and garlic and cook for 1-2 minutes or until softened. Add the sliced mushrooms, season with salt and pepper, and cook for 3-4 minutes.
Stir in the lemon juice then pour in the stock, bring the boil, reduce the heat and simmer gently for 10 minutes.
Transfer the contents of the pan into a blender and whizz to a smooth puree – this should take a good 2-3 minutes. Pour back into the pan, add the cream and mix thoroughly. Gently warm over a low heat, then stir in the diced butter, adjust the seasoning, if needed, and keep warm on the hob.
Pour the remainder of the oil into a frying pan over a medium heat and sauté the mixed mushrooms for about 3 minutes or until cooked through, then season and set aside.
To serve, divide the cooked wild mushrooms between bowls, ladle over the soup and sprinkle with the chervil and coriander cress or micro salad leaves.