Type of cooking:
No rating at the moment! Be the first to
Preparation time: 30 minutes
Cooking time: 60 minutes
Ingredients (for 4 people) :Method: - Preheat the oven to 160˚C/325˚F/Gas Mark 3.
- Place the whole unpeeled onions on a roasting tray with the bulbs of garlic and herbs and drizzle
with the olive oil. Cook them in the oven for 45 minutes – 1 hour, until soft and squidgy.
- Leave the oven on and turn it up to 180°C/350°F/Gas Mark 4.
- Leave the onions and garlic to cool, then scoop out the insides of the onions and squeeze out the
garlic into a pan. Keep any juices in the roasting tray to add to the finished soup (see below).
- Add the vegetable stock and blend until smooth. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Make the croutons. Arrange the bread slices on a baking tray, crumble the goat’s cheese on to
the bread and drizzle with a little olive oil. Bake until golden and bubbling.
- Pour the soup into a pan and heat gently. Season, drizzle with olive oil and the roasting juices
from the onions and scatter with the reserved rosemary leaves. Serve with the croutons.