Origin of dish:
No rating at the moment! Be the first to
Type of cooking:
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 55 minutes
Ingredients (for 6 people) :
- 3 rashers light baconMethod: Preheat the oven to 200C (400F) Gas Mark 6.
- 1 large onion, peeled and chopped
- 800g low fat minced beef
- 2 sprigs thyme
- 1 x 400g can chopped tomatoes
- 200ml water
- 2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 350g butternut, peeled and chopped
- 500g cauliflower, chopped
- 2 tbsp fat free quark
Dry-fry the bacon for 2-3 minutes before adding the onion and minced lamb.
Cook briefly then add the thyme, and pour in the chopped tomatoes, water and Worcestershire sauce.
Bring to the boil and simmer for 25-30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Meanwhile, cook the butternut and cauliflower in a pan of boiling water until tender.
Drain, season and mash with the quark.
Spoon the lamb into an ovenproof dish and top with the mashed butternut and cauliflower.
Bake for 15-20 minutes then serve with steamed green vegetables.