Origin of dish:
No rating at the moment! Be the first to
Type of cooking:
No cooking needed
Preparation time: 5 minutes
Ingredients (for 1 person) :
- ½ fillet of smoked mackerel Method: Remove the skin and flake the smoked mackerel flesh into a bowl. Break it down with a fork - the more you mix it, the smoother the pâté – so if you prefer a coarser type, go easy with the fork.
- 1 tbsp full fat cream cheese or crème fraiche
- 1 tsp creamed horseradish
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- Zest and juice of ½ lemon
- Pinch of cracked black pepper
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh chives
Add in to the bowl the cream cheese, horseradish, Dijon mustard and lemon. If your mackerel wasn’t peppered in the first place, you might like to add some – but it should be salty enough.
Serve it any way you like: on oatcakes or toast; as a Panini with feta cheese and tomato; with leaves, red pepper and a can of mixed beans; or even on a piping-hot jacket potato.