Origin of dish:
No rating at the moment! Be the first to
Preparation time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 15 minutes
Ingredients (for 4 people) :
- 8 boneless and skinless chicken thighsMethod: Firstly, mix all the marinade ingredients together in a deep tray or dish and then add the chicken. Turn over to coat in the marinade and then leave, covered in the fridge, for between one and 24 hours.
For the marinade:
- 2 tbsps dark soy sauce
- 1 tbsp sherry or Blue Nun River Riesling wine
- 1 tsp honey
- 1 tsp chili flakes
For the salad and salad dressing:
- ½ head of Chinese white cabbage
- 3 spring onions
- ½ cucumber
- 1 carrot
- 1 red chilli
- 50g roasted peanuts, roughly chopped
- 4 tsps soy sauce
- 2 tsps Chinese rice vinegar
- 1 tsp sesame oil
To make the salad, peel and cut the carrots into very thin strips, and add to a large mixing bowl. Cut the spring onions thinly on a sharp diagonal and also add to the bowl.
Cut the Chinese cabbage down the middle, de-core, slice and add to the mix. Finally, de-seed the cucumber, slice thinly and add to the bowl too. Mix well.
For the dressing, simply mix all the remaining ingredients together and set aside.
Make sure the barbecue is hot and ready. Take the chicken out of the marinade and place on the grill to cook for 8 minutes on each side - until cooked throughout and caramelised.
Add the dressing to the salad, mix well and serve a big pile of salad with the chicken on top.