Type of cooking:
No rating at the moment! Be the first to
Preparation time: 25 minutes
Cooking time: 8 minutes
Ingredients (for 2 people) :
- 2 lean sirloin, rump or picanha steaksMethod: To prepare the broad beans; bring a small pan of water to the boil and cook the beans for 2 minutes, drain and when cool enough to handle peel the pale outer skin and set aside.
- Salt and freshly milled black pepper
- 10ml/2tsp rapeseed or olive oil
For the Mustard Mayonnaise:
- 100ml/3½fl oz half-fat or reduce calorie mayonnaise
- 10ml/2tsp Dijon or wholegrain mustard
For the Broad Bean and Spinach Salad:
- 150g/5½oz fresh or frozen broad beans, blanched
- 1 x 20-25g pack freshly chopped flat-leaf parsley or chives
- 1 large garlic clove, peeled and finely chopped or crushed
- 30ml/2tbsp extra virgin rapeseed or olive oil
- 1 x 100g pack baby spinach leaves or pea shoots
To prepare the mustard mayonnaise; in a small bowl mix the ingredients together and set aside.
To prepare the salad dressing; put the parsley or chives in a large bowl and add the garlic, oil, spinach leaves or pea shoots and broad beans. Toss gently to coat. Season if required.
Season the steaks, brush with the oil and cook in a preheated griddle pan, under a preheated grill or on a prepared barbecue according to your preference.
Transfer to a warm plate and leave to rest for 5 minutes.
Pile the salad leaves on to a serving plate. Slice the steaks diagonally, adding any meat juices to the sauce. Toss the strips in the salad and drizzle with the sauce.
Serve immediately with the mayonnaise and crusty bread.