Origin of dish:
No rating at the moment! Be the first to
Type of cooking:
Preparation time: 25 minutes
Ingredients (for 4 people) :
1 small onionMethod: 1. Peel and finely chop the onions and garlic.
2 garlic cloves
2 stalks lemongrass
4-5 kaffir lime leaves
3 red chillies
50 g galangal
50 g ginger
3 tbsp rapeseed oil
500 ml vegetable stock
500 ml coconut milk
1 tsp raw can sugar
1 tbsp cornflour
1 tbsp cold water
½ bunch coriander (cilantro)
Recipe from Tibits at Home (AT Verlag - Tibits)
2. Squash the lemongrass on a chopping board.
3. Finely chop the lemongrass and kaffir lime leaves.
4.Cut the chilli in half lengthwise, remove the seeds and cut into thin strips.
5. Peel galangal and ginger and cut into thin slices.
6. Wash and squeeze the limes.
7. Heat the rapeseed oil and sweat the onion, garlic, lemongrass, kaffir lime leaves, chilli and galangal until the onion is transparent.
8. Add vegetable stock, coconut milk, lime juice, ginger and cane sugar and cook for 10 minutes, at a low temperature.
9. Puree the soup in the food processor, or with a hand blender, and pass through a sieve.
10. Bring the soup to the boil again.
11. Mix the cornflour with the cold water, add to the soup and cook for approximately 1 minute until it thickens.
12. Serve hot, sprinkled with fresh coriander leaves.