Origin of dish:
No rating at the moment! Be the first to
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 30 minutes
Ingredients (for 4 people) :
- 800g salmon fillet.Method: Heat the RC cola, soy sauce, sherry, ketchup and vinegar together in a saucepan until it reduces into a thick, syrupy glaze.
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 can Diet RC Cola
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp sherry
- 1 tbsp tomato ketchup
- 1 tsp sherry vinegar
- 1-inch chunk of ginger, minced or grated
- White pepper
- 2 heads little gem lettuce
- 2 tbsps chilli oil
- Sea salt
For the garlicky greens:
- 4 cloves garlic
- 400g fresh green veg, such as fine beans, mange tout, runner beans, or asparagus
- Vegetable oil
- 20g butter
- 1 lime
- 2 tbsp. toasted white sesame seeds
Allow to cool, then whisk in the vegetable oil, ginger, pepper and garlic. Portion the trout or salmon and pour over the glaze, making sure that the entire surface is covered and allow to marinate for about an hour.
Trim the lettuce of any brown or wilted leaves and cut in half. Brush a little chilli oil on the cut surface. Roughly chop the garlic and trim the veg into bite-size pieces.
Grill the salmon over the barbecue for about 8 minutes, carefully turning halfway through cooking. Sear the cut side of the lettuce in a hot frying pan for a few minutes, until it is browned and tender, then season with sea salt.
Stir-fry the vegetables in the same pan with a little vegetable oil and butter for about 10 minutes, or until just tender, adding the garlic a minute or two before turning off the heat.
Garnish the entire dish with some sesame seeds and a squeeze of fresh lime juice.