Origin of dish:
No rating at the moment! Be the first to
Type of cooking:
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 8 minutes
Ingredients (for 4 people) :
- 450g responsibly sourced fresh tuna (4 steaks)Method: To make the dressing, whisk together the olive oil, red wine vinegar, parsley, chives and garlic, and season with salt and pepper.
- 8 new potatoes, cooked and quartered
- 4 plum tomatoes, roughly chopped
- 115g extra-fine green beans, cooked and drained
- 1 red onion, finely sliced
- 4 organic free-range eggs, boiled and halved
- 16 pitted black olives in brine
- 8 basil leaves, shredded
For the dressing:
- 7 tbsps extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tbsps aged red wine vinegar
- 2 tbsps freshly chopped parsley
- 2 tbsps freshly snipped chives
- 2 cloves of garlic, peeled and finely chopped
Place the tuna in a shallow dish and pour over half the dressing. Marinate for 1–2 hours in a covered dish in the refrigerator, occasionally turning in the marinade to ensure even coverage.
Heat a ridged griddle pan on the hob or a hot barbecue for 5 minutes. Remove the tuna from the marinade and cook the steaks for 2–3 minutes on each side, depending on how rare you like your fish.
Place all the salad ingredients in a bowl and add the tuna. Drizzle over the remaining dressing, then finish by adding the eggs, olives and basil leaves.