Origin of dish:
Suitable for children
Type of cooking:
Preparation time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 30 minutes
Ingredients (6/8) :
100g dark chocolate (at least 60% cocoa solids)
Method: 1. Pre-heat oven to 180°C (Gas 4), chop nuts roughly and break chocolate into small squares.
100g walnuts (optional)
2 large eggs, beaten
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp baking powder (or use self-raising flour)
Makes 15 brownies
2. Melt butter and chocolate together over a low heat.
3. Mix melted butter and sugar in a bowl.
4. Beat eggs then add to mixture, along with walnuts.
5. Mix flour with salt and baking powder, then add.
6. Stir mixture thoroughly.
7. Put mixture into a greased baking tray.
8. Bake for 30 minutes, check frequently so as not to over cook. The middle should be sticky, while the outside remains crisp.
10. Leave to cool, dust with icing sugar and cut into squares.