Origin of dish:
No rating at the moment! Be the first to
Suitable for children
Type of cooking:
Preparation time: 45 minutes
Cooking time: 30 minutes
Ingredients (serves 6):Method: To make pastry:
1. Snap vanilla pods, and remove seeds.
2. Place in a bowl, with the egg yolks.
3. Blend or mix powdered almonds and icing sugar together.
4. Add flour and salt, mix again.
5. Add butter and blend for a further ten seconds, or mix thoroughly.
6. Add egg yolks and vanilla seeds, mix until you have a smooth paste.
7. Roll into a ball, and chill for at least an hour in the fridge.
To make tart:
1. Preheat oven to 220°C (Gas 6).
2. Line a greased tart dish with pastry, and blind bake for 15 minutes. For a clean edge, trim rim after 5 minutes.
3. Gently bring cream and milk to the boil in a pan.
4. Remove from the heat, add chocolate while stirring constantly until mixture becomes smooth.
5. Pour filling into cooled tart/pastry case.
6. Bake for 12 to 15 minutes.