Origin of dish:
No rating at the moment! Be the first to
Type of cooking:
Preparation time: 30 minutes
Cooking time: 35 minutes
Ingredients (serves 6):Method: To make the pastry:
1. Put the flour in a large bowl and rub in the butter until you have a breadcrumb consistency.
2. Work to a firm dough, adding 3 tbsp cold water then roll out onto a lightly floured surface.
3. Place in a deep 24cm well-greased flan dish and prick with a fork. Chill for 30 minutes.
4. Preheat the oven to 190°C / 375°F / Gas Mark 5.
5. Remove pastry from fridge after 30 minutes and line the base of the pastry with greaseproof paper and fill with baking beans.
6. Cook on a baking tray at the top of the oven for 15 minutes, remove the beans and cook for a further 5 minutes.
To make the filling:
1. Cook the bacon in a frying pan until it's lightly golden.
2. Chop the bacon into small pieces.
3. Beat the eggs, cream and chives together with black pepper.
4. Pour mixture into the pastry case and sprinkle cheese and bacon on top.
5. Cook for 30-35 minutes until it's set and lightly golden.