Origin of dish:
No rating at the moment! Be the first to
Type of cooking:
Preparation time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 5 minutes
500g sifted flour
Method: 1. In the centre of the flour, add all the ingredients.
1/4 litre warm milk
3 tablespoons sugar
1 tablespoons kirsch liqueur (optional)
1 pinch of salt
20g brewer's yeast
oil for frying
2. Mix the dough well to obtain an airy and light batter.
3. Roll out the dough about 1cm thick, and cut into squares or circles. (Use a glass to cut the circles.)
4. Fry in oil over a medium heat until golden.
5. Remove from pan, drain on paper towels, and then sprinkle some sugar and cinnamon on top.
6. These beignets can be eaten hot or cold and can be served with a compote of fruit.