Origin of dish:
No rating at the moment! Be the first to
Type of cooking:
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 90 minutes
Ingredients (serves 4):Method: 1. Preheat the oven to 200ºC, 400°F, Gas Mark 6.
2. Place the ribs in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to the boil, reduce the heat and simmer for 1 hour.
3. Drain and place on a baking tray and leave to cool slightly.
4. Mix together the sugar, cocoa powder, garlic salt, mild chilli powder and cinnamon in a small bowl. Reserve 3 tbsp of this spice mixture for the sauce.
5. Rub the remaining spice mixture over the ribs, until well coated. Place the ribs in a single layer on a foil-lined roasting pan. Cover with foil and roast in the oven for 30 minutes.
6. Meanwhile make the sauce, gently heat the apple juice, tomato purée and reserved spice mixture until well combined and glossy. Use half the sauce to baste the ribs and return to the oven for a further 10 minutes, until the ribs are sticky and glossy.
7. Place the other half of the sauce in a serving bowl.