Origin of dish:
No rating at the moment! Be the first to
Type of cooking:
Preparation time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
Ingredients (serves 4):
1 tbsp olive oil
Method: 1. Pre-heat the oven to 200ºC, 400ºF, Gas Mark 6.
4 boneless, skinless chicken thighs
2 tsp ground cumin
25g (1oz) raisins
25g (1oz) dates, diced
50g (2oz) prunes, diced
2 tbsp coriander leaf
4 tsp orange flower water
100g (4oz) pomegranate seeds
2 tsp cumin seeds
4 large sheets of filo pastry, defrosted if frozen
50g (2oz) butter, melted
Sea salt and black pepper
2. Heat the oil and gently fry the chicken thighs, turning occasionally, until the meat is sealed and browned.
3. Season and sprinkle evenly with the ground cumin.
4. Mix the dried fruit together, stir in the coriander leaf, orange flower water, pomegranate seeds and 1 tsp cumin seeds.
5. Cut each pastry sheet in half, leaving you with 8 squares. Brush each square lightly with melted butter and place two on top of each other, leaving you with 4 squares.
6. Lay a chicken thigh on each square and top each thigh with ¼ of the fruit mixture.
7. Fold the edges of the pastry in, over the top of the fruit and crumple to seal the parcel.
8.Add a knob of butter and sprinkle with the remaining cumin seeds.
9. Transfer to a baking sheet and bake in the top of the oven for 15-20 minutes, until golden brown and crispy.