Origin of dish:
No rating at the moment! Be the first to
Type of cooking:
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 30 minutes
Ingredients (serves 4):
2 medium sweet potatoes, washed and cut into chunks
Method: 1. Pre-heat the oven to 200ºC, 400ºF, Gas Mark 6.
2 tbsp olive oil
2 tsp paprika
2 tsp garlic
200g (7oz) chorizo, sliced
275g (10oz) oyster or flat field mushrooms, sliced
1 lemon, zest and juice
4 spring onions, finely sliced
2 tbsp flat leaf parsley or fresh parsley
1 bag rocket leaves
½ tsp sugar
2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
Pinch of crushed chillies
Sea salt and black pepper
2. Place the sweet potato on a roasting tray and drizzle with 1 tbsp olive oil, sprinkle over 1 tsp paprika, season and roast in the oven for 25-30 minutes, or until soft and caramelised.
3. Heat the remaining olive oil and fry the Garlic gently. Add the chorizo and fry for 1-2 minutes. Add the mushrooms and cook quickly on a high heat for a further 3-4 minutes, stirring frequently.
4. Sprinkle in the remaining paprika and the juice of ½ the lemon.
5. Transfer to bowl and stir in the spring onions, 1 tbsp parsley, the cooked sweet potato and the rocket.
6. To make the dressing, mix the lemon zest, remaining lemon juice, sugar, extra virgin olive oil and crushed chillies together. Season to taste.
7. Place the salad on a serving plate, drizzle over the dressing and serve immediately.