Origin of dish:
No rating at the moment! Be the first to
Type of cooking:
Preparation time: 35 minutes
Cooking time: 30 minutes
Ingredients (serves 4):
3 reduced fat butter croissants
Method: 1. Preheat the oven to 160°C, 325°F, Gas Mark 3. 2. Grease a 20 cm (approximately 1 litre) baking dish.
8 After Eight mints, roughly chopped
250ml semi skimmed milk
150ml half fat thick cream
2 medium eggs
¼ tsp vanilla bean extract
2 tsp golden caster sugar, for the top
To serve; 1tbsp icing sugar for dusting
3. Slice the croissants thickly and arrange the slices in the dish, scattered with the After Eight mints.
4.In a large jug, beat the milk, cream, eggs and vanilla.
5. Slowly pour the mixture over the croissants and sprinkle with sugar.
6. Place the dish in a deep roasting pan and pour enough boiling water to come half way up the sides.
7. Bake for 25 - 30 minutes until the custard is softly set (has a slight wobble) and the top is puffy and golden.
8. Dust with icing sugar and serve warm.