Origin of dish:
No rating at the moment! Be the first to
Type of cooking:
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
Ingredients (serves 4):
200g pack Fresh Tempeh, cut into cubes
Method: 1. Cook pasta in boiling water with a pinch of sea salt for 10-12 minutes, rinse under cold water to stop it cooking any further and set aside.
Sunflower Oil for Deep Frying
2 tbs Shoyu
2 tbs Mirin
2 tbs Gen Mai Su (Brown Rice Vinegar)
½ tbs Olive Oil
1 Onion, Sliced
1 Garlic Clove, chopped finely
1 Sweet Pumpkin (Red/Green Hokkaido), cubed
½ tsp Ginger Powder/1” Grated/Finely Chopped Fresh Ginger
1 tsp Oregano
250g Terrasana Pasta (Spirelli/Penne)
2. Deep fry tempeh until golden in colour, then drain on kitchen roll.
3. Put shoyu, mirin and gen mai su in a saucepan, add the tempeh and simmer and reduce until all the liquid has been absorbed then set the tempeh aside.
4. Gently fry the onion in olive oil for 3 mins, then add a pinch of salt and garlic, continue cooking for 2 minutes, add the pumpkin and oregano and a little water, simmer covered until the pumpkin is soft (approx 15 minutes).
5. Blend the onion, garlic & pumpkin with a stick blender, add enough water to make a thick sauce.
6. Add the tempeh and pasta to the pumpkin and stir.
7. Serve with blanched greens