Origin of dish:
No rating at the moment! Be the first to
Suitable for children
Type of cooking:
Preparation time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
Ingredients (serves 10):
Method: 1. Sift together the flour, baking powder, and salt into a bowl and set aside.
1 teaspoon baking powder
½ teaspoon salt
11 tablespoons butter, softened
85g granulated sugar
1 large egg
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2. In a large mixing bowl, beat the butter and sugar until light and well combined.
3. Add the egg and vanilla extract and beat well. Stir in the flour, a third at a time.
4. After the last addition, knead the dough briefly if needed to incorporate all of the flour.
5. The finished dough should be smooth and stiff.
6. Divide the dough into two portions, pressing each into a disk and wrapping it in plastic. Keep the dough chilled until you plan to use it.
7. When you’re ready to bake the cookies, work with one disk of dough at a time.
8. Allow the dough to set briefly at room temperature so that it softens just enough to roll it.
9. Meanwhile, heat the oven to 180 degrees and line a baking sheet with baking paper.
10. Set the dough on a flour-dusted sheet of waxed paper and roll it out to ¼-inch thickness.
11. Cut out the cookies and bake them until the edges turn a light golden brown, about 6 to 9 minutes, depending on the size.
12. Then transfer the cookies to a wire rack to cool.