Origin of dish:
No rating at the moment! Be the first to
Type of cooking:
Preparation time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 50 minutes
Method: 1. Firstly pre-heat the oven to 170C/325F/Gas mark 3.
6 large eggs
1 tsp orange blossom water
250g caster sugar
1tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
250g ground almonds
200g pomegranate seeds
3 ClemenGold, segmented
Greek yoghurt to serve
2. Place the ClemenGold in a saucepan and cover with water, then bring to the boil and simmer for 1 hour 45 minutes, drain and cool.
3. Line a 9" cake tin with non-stick baking paper. Place the cooked ClemenGold in a
blender along with the eggs and blitz until thoroughly blended, sieve the mixture and
then add the orange blossom water.
4. In a separate bowl mix the ground almonds, sugar, salt and baking powder.
5. Combine well with the wet mix then pour into the cake tin.
6. Bake in the oven for 40-50 minutes, or until a skewer comes out clean. If the cake starts browning too much, cover loosely with foil.
7. When cooked, remove from the oven and chill.
8. Then just mix the remaining ClemenGold with the pomegranate and serve with the Greek yoghurt.