Origin of dish:
No rating at the moment! Be the first to
Type of cooking:
Preparation time: 30 minutes
Cooking time: 30 minutes
Ingredients (serves 15):
155g self-raising flour
Method: 1. Preheat oven to 350/180/gas4.
30g cocoa powder
¼ tsp salt
¼ tsp baking powder
110g butter, softened
85g dark muscovado sugar
170g granulated sugar
1 tbsp Nielsen-Massey Vanilla Extract
2 tbsp white or dark rum
100g white chocolate, coarsely chopped
50g hazelnuts, coarsely chopped
2. Sift the flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt together. Set aside.
3. In a separate bowl cream the brown and white sugars, butter, Nielsen-Massey Vanilla Extract and rum.
4. Add the eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add the dry ingredients in two additions, beating well after each half.
5. Fold in the chocolate, fruit and nuts.
6. Grease a baking tin (9x13inches) with a little oil. It also helps to line the base with non-stick baking parchment.
7. Spread the mixture evenly over the base. Bake for 25-30 minutes.
8. The brownies should be crisp on top but should be a little gooey in the centre.
9. Remove from the oven and run a palette knife around the edges to loosen. Cut into 15 pieces and leave to cool for 20 minutes in the pan. 10. Then remove carefully and store in an air-tight container.