Origin of dish:
Type of cooking:
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 25 minutes
Ingredients (serves 4):Method: 1) Peel the pineappple and remove the eyes. Slice into rounds approximately 1/2 cm thick and then cut into quarters, removing the core.
2) Heat the butter and oil in a pan. Seal the pork over a relatively high heat,then remove.
3) Fry the onions until soft. Remove and set aside.
4) Fry the pineapple, until gently caramelised.
5) return the onion to the pan for 2 minutes,with the pineapple, add the rum, and flambee.
6) Add the garlic, lime juice, stock cube and water.
7) cover and simmer for 25 minutes, adding the pork half way through.
8) Carve the pork and serve with the pineapple and sauce.