Origin of dish:
No rating at the moment! Be the first to
Suitable for children
Type of cooking:
Preparation time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 30 minutes
Ingredients (serves 6):
Method: 1. Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C).
100g chilled butter (not margarine)
2. Grease a round 20cm cake tin.
3. Sieve flour into large bowl.
4. Add butter, cut into small cubes and mix with fingers until it has consistency of breadcrumbs.
5. Add sugar, mix and make into a ball.
6. Place in cake tin and spread evenly with the back of a spoon.
7. Prick evenly with a fork and score into 8 with a knife.
8. Cook for 30 minutes until golden.
9. Remove from oven, allow 5 minutes to settle, take out of cake tin and leave to cool.