Origin of dish:
No rating at the moment! Be the first to
Type of cooking:
Preparation time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 8 minutes
Ingredients (serves 4):
500 g large prawns, fresh or frozen
Method: A Ken Hom Recipe
1 tablespoon peanut oil
1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
Salt & black pepper
2 tablespoons grated orange zest
2 teaspoons seame oil
3 tablespoons fresh coriander, finely chopped
1 tablespoon sesame oil
salt & black pepper
1. If using frozen prawns, defrost. Peel them and remove the head, tail and spinal cord with the aid of the tip of knife.
2. Wash prawns and dry with kitchen roll. Mix marinade ingredients in a large bowl, add prawns, stir and leave to marinate for 15 minutes in the fridge.
3. Grate orange zest.
4. Chop coriander.
5. Starin prawns.
6. Heat wok over high heat and add oil.
7. Once wok starts to smoke, add prawns, salt, pepper and orange zest at same time.
8. Sauté for 4 minutes, until prawns are pink.
9. Add sesame oil, stir briskly two or three times and cook for a further three minutes.
10. Add the chopped coriander.
11. Stir for 1 minute.
12. Serve immediately on a bed of rice.