Origin of dish:
No rating at the moment! Be the first to
Suitable for children
Type of cooking:
Preparation time: 30 minutes
Cooking time: 40 minutes
Ingredients (serves 6):Method: Make pastry:
1. Mix 90g brown sugar, pinch of salt and grated nutmeg in a bowl.
2. Melt butter at low heat and add to mixture.
3. Work ingredients together with fingers until consistency of breadcrumbs, shape into a ball.
4. Leave pastry to rest in fridge for at least 1 hour.
1. Pre-heat oven to 180°C (Gas 4).
2. Pel and dice pears and place in a dish.
3. Sieve the rest of the sugar, ginger and cinnamon on top.
4. Stir well.
5. crumble pastry roughly over pears and spices, covering well.
6. Cook in oven for 40 minutes.