Origin of dish:
No rating at the moment! Be the first to
Type of cooking:
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 4 minutes
Ingredients (serves 4):
- 1 packet filo pastry, cut into 8 strips of approx 4cm each
Method: Cook the vegetables :
Filling (prepare the night before)
- 100 g onions
- 1 clove crushed garlic
- 50 g red and green peppers
- 100 g tomato
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- 1 sprig thyme
- 1 egg yolk, beaten with 10ml water
- Sauté an onion.
- Add garlic and thyme.
- When onion is translucent, add pepper and cook for 2 more minutes.
- Dice and add tomato.
- Leave over a low heat, until the vegetables become soft.
Make into parcels :
- Put a teaspoonful of filling at the end of each strip of pastry.
- Brush with egg yolk.
- Wrap pastry round filling, always folding inwards, to form a triangle shape.
- Repeat until all pastry is used.
Cook in oven until golden.