Origin of dish:
No rating at the moment! Be the first to
Type of cooking:
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 25 minutes
Ingredients (for 4 people) :
- 450g carrots, peeled and cut into chunksMethod: Preheat the oven to 220°C. Place the carrots, onion, pepper and half the oil in a large roasting tin. Season well. Toss together until everything is coated in oil. Roast for 15 minutes.
- 1 red onion, cut into wedges
- 1 red pepper, deseeded and cut into wedges
- 4 tbsps olive oil
- 2 whole cloves garlic
- 3 tbsps pumpkin seeds
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- Juice of half a lemon
- 1 tsp runny honey
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 100g bag baby spinach leaves
- 100g feta cheese, crumbled
- 2 tbsps chopped fresh mint leaves
Stir in the seeds and garlic and roast for a further 10 minutes until the carrots are just tender but still have a bit of bite.
Take the vegetables out of the oven and remove the garlic cloves. On a chopping board, slip the garlic from the papery skin and, using the blade of a knife, work it to a smooth paste. Put the garlic paste in a small bowl with the remaining oil, lemon juice and honey and whisk together with a fork. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Empty the spinach leaves into a large serving bowl, then add the roasted vegetables, feta cheese and chopped mint, and pour over the dressing. Toss lightly together until mixed.
Serve warm or chilled.