No rating at the moment! Be the first to
Preparation time: 20 minutes
Ingredients (for 2 people) :
- 450g (1lb) Welsh Beef rump steaksMethod: Take the steak and season well on both sides. Place it in a hot griddle pan, under a hot grill or preheated BBQ.
- small knob of butter
- 1 cos lettuce, leaves separated
- 1 green eating apple, cored and sliced
- 3 sticks celery, sliced
- 50g (2oz) green grapes, halved
- 50g (2oz) red grapes, halved
- 3 spring onions, sliced
- 50g (2oz) walnuts
- 30ml (2tbsp) extra virgin olive oil
- 30ml (2tbsp) walnut or sunflower oil
- 30ml (2tbsp) white wine vinegar
- 5ml (1tsp) Dijon mustard
- Pinch of sugar
- 30ml (2tbsp) walnuts, finely chopped
2 minutes each side – rare
4 minutes each side – medium
5 minutes each side - well done.
Place steaks on a plate to rest for 5 minutes. Place a small knob of butter on top of each steak.
Meanwhile, toss the fruits and vegetables together in a large bowl.
Place dressing ingredients into a bowl and whisk together or place in a screw top jar and shake.
Slice steaks into thick strips.
Stack the salad onto plates and serve topped with steak.
Drizzle over a little dressing and serve.