Origin of dish:
No rating at the moment! Be the first to
Type of cooking:
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 25 minutes
Ingredients (for 4 people) :
-1 x 540g jar of Baxters sliced beetrootMethod: 1. Cut the beetroot into small pieces and set to one side, ensuring they are well drained.
-1 onion, peeled and diced
-2 cloves garlic, peeled and crushed
-1 tablespoon rapeseed oil
-600ml hot vegetable stock
-Salt and pepper
-1 tablespoon of sugar
2. Heat the oil up in a large frying pan and add the onions and garlic and fry over a gentle heat for 15 minutes or until very soft. Add the diced beetroot and mix well, before adding the hot vegetable stock. Simmer for 20 to 25 minutes before taking off the heat and allowing to cool slightly.
3. Liquidise the soup with a hand held immersion blender or in a food processor until smooth.
4. Add a tablespoon of sugar and stir well
5. Season to taste before reheating the soup over a low heat until it is hot, but do NOT allow to boil.
6. Serve immediately with crusty bread or croutons, and a swirl of crème fraiche on the top.