Type of cooking:
No rating at the moment! Be the first to
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 40 minutes
Ingredients (for 4 people) :
- 1tsp olive oilMethod: In a large, wide-based pan, heat the olive oil and cook the butternut squash, onion, Very Lazy chopped ginger and Very Lazy chopped red chilies until soft.
- 1 medium butternut squash, peeled, seeds removed and chopped into chunks
- Half an onion, chopped
- 1 heaped tbsp Very Lazy chopped ginger
- 1 tsp Very Lazy chopped red chilies
- 1 liter vegetable stock
- 125 ml coconut milk, plus a little extra for serving
- a handful of roughly chopped mint leaves and chopped chives (optional)
- Lime juice
Add the stock, coconut milk and some salt and pepper, then bring to the boil and simmer for about 30 minutes.
Blend in a processor, serve with fresh herbs if using, a squeeze of lime juice, and extra splash of coconut.