Origin of dish:
No rating at the moment! Be the first to
Type of cooking:
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 40 minutes
Ingredients (for 4 people) :
- 2 tbsp vegetable oilMethod: Heat the oil in a pan, crackle green cardamom and mustard seeds for 1 minute and cook the
- 450g chicken thigh, skin removed and cut into 1 inch cubes
- 150g onions, chopped
- 4 no’s Green Cardamom
- ½ tsp/ 2g mustard seeds
- 8 tbsp/125g Patak's Madras Paste
- 200g chopped tomatoes
- 300g new potatoes, half cut, scrubbed and diced
- 2 tsp/10g fresh coriander, chopped
- 3 tbsp / 45g thick plain yogurt
- ½ tsp /2g crushed black pepper
- 200ml water
- Salt, to taste
- 1tsp/5g of sugar
onions till soft and golden brown in colour.
Add the paste and cook with 50 ml water on medium heat till all the water has evaporated.
Add half cut new potatoes and cook on medium heat for 10-15 minutes.
Add chicken, yogurt and water and cook till the chicken and potatoes are cooked and finish
with crushed black pepper.
Check the seasoning and adjust with salt and sugar.
Serve with Patak's Naan Breads.