Type of cooking:
No rating at the moment! Be the first to
Preparation time: 0 minutes
Cooking time: 40 minutes
Ingredients (for 4 people) :
- 15g (1/2oz) butterMethod: Melt the butter in a large saucepan and sauté the spring onions for about 2 - 3 minutes until softened, but not browned.
- 1 bunch spring onions, trimmed and finely chopped
- 1 x 250g (9oz) bag fresh spinach, thoroughly washed
- 600ml (1 pint) vegetable stock
- 1 x 200g pack low-fat soft cheese
- 2 tablespoons cornflour
- 450ml (3/4 pint) milk
- 75g (3oz) Blue Stilton, crumbled
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 4 tablespoons fresh soured cream or natural yoghurt
- chopped fresh spring onions and parsley, to garnish
Add the spinach and vegetable stock and heat until almost boiling. Reduce the heat and simmer, covered, for 5 minutes.
Transfer the mixture to a blender or food processor and add the soft cheese. Blend for about 15 - 20 until smooth and velvety. Return to the saucepan.
Blend the cornflour with 3 - 4 tablespoons of the milk and add to the soup with the remaining milk and most of the crumbled Stilton. Bring up to the
boil, stirring constantly until thickened.
Reduce the heat and cook gently for 2 minutes, then season to taste with salt and pepper.
If serving hot, ladle the soup into warmed bowls. Serve at once, garnished with the soured cream or yoghurt, the reserved Stilton and chopped fresh spring onions and parsley.