Origin of dish:
No rating at the moment! Be the first to
Type of cooking:
Preparation time: 0 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
Ingredients (for 4 people) :
- 2 large handfuls of spinach leavesMethod: Heat the oven to 180°C/Gas 4. Scatter a large handful of spinach leaves over the base of a lightly oiled or buttered baking dish, about 20 x 15cm.
- Oil or butter for greasing
- 4 medium eggs, plus 1 extra
- Egg yolk, lightly beaten, for brushing
- 200g sliced ham, roughly torn into shreds
- 200g cream cheese
- 1 sheet of ready-rolled puff pastry
- Freshly cracked black pepper
Break in 2 eggs, into opposite corners of the dish. Scatter half the ham evenly into the dish.
Spoon half of the cream cheese on top, distributing
it randomly, and season with some freshly cracked pepper.
Repeat these layers, breaking the eggs roughly into the other corners so they are distributed more or less evenly in the dish.
Lay the sheet of ready-rolled pastry over the dish and trim away the excess pastry with
a sharp knife.
Dampen the rim of the dish and press the pastry edges firmly onto it.
Brush the pastry lid with the beaten egg yolk to glaze. At this stage, the pie lid can be scored with a pattern or shapes can be cut from the trimmings and stuck on with a little beaten egg.
Bake the pie for about 20 minutes until the pastry is crisp and golden brown. Let the pie stand
for 5 minutes before serving.