Origin of dish:
No rating at the moment! Be the first to
Type of cooking:
Preparation time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
Ingredients (for 4 people) :Method: 1. Wash and pat dry your sea bass fillets and put to one side to pan fry later.
2. Open the tin of piquillo peppers, cut them in half and remove any seeds.
3. Drain the caperberries and olives and put these aside also.
4. Peel and thinly slice the garlic cloves and onion, then add half of the olive oil to a hot pan and fry over a medium heat until golden brown.
5. Add the piquillo peppers and sauté for a further 30 seconds, before adding the purple Spanish olives and caperberries and sauté again.
6. Season with salt and pepper and add a splash of Fino wine. Let the alcohol burn and sprinkle a touch of finely chopped parsley into the pan. Taste the seasoning and alter if needed.
7. Take a separate non-stick pan and place over a high heat and pour in a touch of Spanish olive oil.
8. Score the skin of the sea bass through and then pan fry skin side down until ¾ done, turn over, season the skin with some salt flakes and cook for one more minute.
9. Serve the Spanish olives sauce on to a plate and place the sea bass on the top, drizzle over a touch of olive oil to finish.