Origin of dish:
No rating at the moment! Be the first to
Preparation time: 25 minutes
Cooking time: 240 minutes
Ingredients (for 6-8 people) :
- 1.3kg lean whole shoulder of lambMethod: Preheat the oven to 170°C or gas mark 3. To prepare the spiced rub, mix all the ingredients except the grape juice in a small bowl.
- Flatbreads or pitta breads, to serve
For the spiced rub:
- Salt and freshly milled black pepper
- 3 large garlic cloves, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 large red chilli, de-seeded and finely chopped
- 3 tbsps ground coriander
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 2 tbsps rapeseed or olive oil
- 300ml red grape juice
For the fennel, carrot and chilli slaw:
- 1 small fennel bulb, finely sliced or shredded
- 2 medium carrots, peeled and grated
- 4 tbsps sweet chilli sauce
- 4 tbsps light mayonnaise
- Juice of ½ lemon
- 2 tbsps freshly chopped flat-leaf parsley
Place the joint on a non-stick roasting tin and coat on both sides with the rub. Pour the grape juice around the lamb, and cover with baking parchment then foil.
Roast for 4 hours, turning half way during cooking.
Meanwhile, to prepare the fennel and chilli slaw: mix together the ingredients in a large bowl and set aside.
Remove the lamb from the tin and finish on a medium prepared barbecue for 10 minutes on each side.
Place the joint on a chopping board and `pull’ the cooked lamb apart by securing the joint with one fork and shredding the meat with another fork.
Serve the lamb in flatbreads or pitta breads with the coleslaw.