Origin of dish:
No rating at the moment! Be the first to
Type of cooking:
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 10 minutes
Ingredients (for 4 people) :
- 200g frozen garden peasMethod: Cook the beans in lightly salted boiling water for 3 to 4 minutes, then drain and cool under cold water. If they are large, peel off the grey/green outer skin, and place in a bowl.
- 150g shelled broad beans (frozen or fresh)
- 3 tbsps pine nuts
- 2 x 250g Halloumi cheese, cut into 6 slices each
- 4 spring onions, trimmed and finely sliced
- 2 large handfuls rocket
For the dressing:
- 5 tbsps olive oil
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 tsp caster sugar
- 1 small clove garlic, finely chopped
- Sea salt and black pepper
- 1 tbsp fresh mint, finely chopped
- 1 mild red chilli, seeded and finely chopped
Cook the peas in lightly salted boiling water for about 2 to 3 minutes, drain and cool under a little cold water. Mix in with the broad beans and toss with the spring onions.
Dry roast the pine nuts in a small frying pan over a medium heat for 3 to 4 minutes, stirring frequently until they are nicely golden brown. Take care as they burn easily. Turn them onto a plate to cool. Add to the pea/bean mixture.
Make the dressing by mixing all the ingredients together, and set aside.
Grease a baking sheet with a little olive oil and grill the Halloumi for about two mins on each side until slightly browned, or fry in a small amount of olive oil.
Arrange the rocket on four plates or in a salad bowl and place on a spoonful of the pea, bean and pine nut mixture on top of the rocket. Place the halloumi on top and spoon the dressing over the salad.
Season with black pepper and serve.