Type of cooking:
No cooking needed
No rating at the moment! Be the first to
Preparation time: 0 minutes
Ingredients (for 8 people) :
- 400g Yamas! Smoked Greek Cheese (authentic Feta, smoked for a rich, tangy flavour), crumbled into rough chunksMethod: Peel and finely slice the red onion and toss with the oregano. Season to taste.
- 1 red onion
- 1 tablespoon fresh or dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 200ml extra virgin olive oil
- 5 large plum tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon caster sugar
- 1 very large cos lettuce
- 1 bulb fennel
- 125g pitted black olives
- Juice of half a lemon
- 8 salted anchovies (optional)
Mix in the vinegar with the oil and toss well, then cover with cling film. Let it sit for at least 1 hour.
Add a pinch of salt to marinated onions and a handful of parsley.
Cut the tomatoes into quarters, then cut each quarter into four again (always lengthwise), so that you have a collection of very fine segments rather than chunks. Sprinkle the sugar and a pinch of salt over them and leave while you get on with the rest.
Wash and tear the lettuce into big pieces and put into a large, wide salad bowl.
Slice and add the fennel, followed by the olives and the smoked feta, and toss well.
Add the tomatoes, the red onion and its marinade-dressing and the lemon juice. Toss so that everything is well combined and serve.