Origin of dish:
No rating at the moment! Be the first to
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 60 minutes
Ingredients (for 4 people) :
- 2 x 350g rack of pork ribs, each rack cut in halfMethod: Place the racks of ribs into a large saucepan with the beer and top up with water to cover the ribs.
- 500ml bottle of Badger Tangle Foot Ale
- 2 large garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 30g root ginger, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
- 6 tbsp tomato ketchup
- 2 tbsp treacle
- 3 tbsp light soy sauce
- Sweet chilli sauce, to serve
Bring to the boil, then gently simmer for 35 – 40 minutes until completely cooked through and tender. Drain well.
In a large shallow dish, mix together the garlic, oil, ginger, chilli, ketchup, treacle and soy sauce.
Add the ribs and brush them all over with the marinade until evenly coated. Leave to cool then cover and chill until ready to barbecue.
Cook the ribs over grey coals of a barbecue or medium heat of a gas barbecue for 15 – 20 minutes, brushing with any remaining marinade and turning often until browned and heated right through.
Serve whole or cut up with sweet chilli sauce on the side.