Origin of dish:
No rating at the moment! Be the first to
Type of cooking:
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
Ingredients (4) :
- 2 tbsp olive oilMethod: Heat the olive oil in a frying pan. Add the onion and season.
- 1 large red onion , finely sliced
- 2 sirloins or rump steaks, about 200g each
- 2 teaspoons English mustard (optional)
- 100g Stilton cheese
- 100g watercress
- 4 mini ciabatta or crusty rolls, halved
- Olive oil to drizzle
Cook on a medium heat for 10-15 minutes until golden and caramelized.
Heat a griddle pan until smoking.
Season the steaks well with pepper, then griddle (chargrill) for 2-3 minutes each side for rare or 8 minutes for medium and allow to rest.
Carve the rolls in half horizontally then lay them on the griddle cut face down for a minute until a little charred.
Whip them off the grill and drizzle with a little olive oil.
Slice the meat about 1 cm thick.
Fill each roll with steak, Stilton, watercress, onions and mustard and serve.