Origin of dish:
No rating at the moment! Be the first to
Type of cooking:
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 30 minutes
Ingredients (for 4-6 people) :
3 leeksMethod: 1. Preheat the oven to 180°C/Gas Mark 4. Heat all the dressing ingredients
1 fennel bulb
1 head romanesco, separated into florets
2 tablespoons olive oil
For the dressing:
juice of 1 lemon
2 teaspoons caster sugar
1 tablespoon white wine
1 tablespoon good-quality white wine vinegar
1 garlic clove, crushed
pinch of fennel seeds, crushed
pinch of ground allspice
3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, plus more to drizzle
sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
1 teaspoon chopped tarragon
except the tarragon together in a large pan and leave to cool and infuse.
2. Wash the leeks and blanch them in boiling water for 5 minutes, drain, then
split them in half lengthways. Trim the fennel and cut into very thin slices.
3. Grill the leeks on a griddle pan until slightly charred, then cut into 2.5-5cm
4. Grill the fennel until wilted and add to the dressing with the leeks.
5. Toss the romanesco in the olive oil, season and roast in the oven for 15-20
minutes, until just cooked through and slightly brown. Add to the dressing.
6. Toss the vegetables together, season well, drizzle with the extra virgin olive
oil and sprinkle with the tarragon.