Origin of dish:
No rating at the moment! Be the first to
Type of cooking:
Preparation time: 25 minutes
Cooking time: 80 minutes
Ingredients (for 4 people) :
2 tbsp Thai Taste Rice Bran OilMethod: 1) Heat the oil in a large pan and add the shallots, cook until soft but not coloured.
4 shallots, sliced
600g stewing steak, cubed
400ml Thai Taste Coconut Milk
4 tbsp Thai Taste Massaman Curry Paste
6 cardamom pods, lightly crushed
2 cinnamon sticks
2 tbsp Thai Taste Fish Sauce
2 tsp Thai Taste Tamarind Paste
1 tbsp Thai Taste Palm Sugar
75g natural peanuts, toasted and roughly chopped
300g baby new Charlotte potatoes, halved
Wedge of lime, to serve
Baby herbs to garnish
2) Remove from the pan, add a little more oil and cook the beef until lightly coloured (you may need to cook the beef in a few batches). Remove the cooked beef from the pan.
3) Add 1 tbsp of the coconut milk to the pan and add the curry paste. Stir and cook for 3 minutes until all the aromas are released.
4) Return the beef and shallots, stirring to coat the meat with the paste.
5) Add the remaining coconut milk, cardamom, cinnamon, tamarind paste, water and palm sugar to the pan. Bring to a gentle simmer then cover and cook for 1½ hours.
6) Add the potatoes and peanuts and cook for a further 30 minutes or until the meat and potatoes are tender.
7) Serve sprinkled with the remaining peanuts, a wedge of lime and a generous sprinkling of baby herbs.