Origin of dish:
No rating at the moment! Be the first to
Type of cooking:
Preparation time: 25 minutes
Cooking time: 15 minutes
Ingredients (serves 6):
1 packet fresh puff pastry
Method: 1. Core and quarter apples.
8 tsp sugar
6 tsp butter
2. Gently melt butter, in the bottom of a heat-resistant cake tin.
3. Dust with sugar and allow to caramelise, shaking frequently so it does not stick.
4. Arrange apple pieces on top of caramelised sugar.
6. Preheat oven to 260°C (Gas 10).
7. Leave to cool for 20 minutes, then cover apples with puff pastry.
8. Bake in oven until pastry has risen, then lower heat to 200°C (Gas 6).
9. Bake for a further 15 minutes, checking regularly.
10. Turn out onto a plate or cake stand, serve with creme fraiche.