Origin of dish:
No rating at the moment! Be the first to
Type of cooking:
Preparation time: 30 minutes
Cooking time: 45 minutes
Ingredients (serves 4):Method: • Pre-heat the oven to 200ºC, 400ºF, Gas Mark 6.
• Mix 2 tbsp olive oil, the chopped lemon grass, lemon zest and juice in a bowl. Add the monkfish and leave to marinade for 30 minutes.
• Heat the remaining oil in a frying pan. Once it’s hot, add the fish and brown lightly on both sides.
• Transfer to a roasting tray, season well, drizzle over the remaining marinade and roast in the oven on the top shelf for 10-15 minutes.
• Meanwhile, make the aubergine caviar. Pour the olive oil into a saucepan, add the crushed cardamom pods and leave to infuse over a very low heat for 30 minutes. Do not allow to boil. Strain and set aside.
• Cut the aubergines in half lengthways, score the flesh and add a few drops of olive oil. Bake for around 45 minutes, until softened. Remove the flesh with a spoon. Roughly dice with the anchovies and blend with the cardamom olive oil, garlic and cumin seeds. Season well and refrigerate until cold.
• Serve the cooked monkfish with a spoonful of aubergine caviar.