Origin of dish:
No rating at the moment! Be the first to
Type of cooking:
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 40 minutes
Ingredients (serves 4):
175g (6oz) dried sour cherries
Method: 1. Place the cherries, water, sugar and pomegranate molasses in a saucepan. Bring to the boil and then gently simmer for 30 minutes, until the sauce is thick and syrupy. Add the lemon juice, and then set aside.
200ml (7fl oz) water
1 tbsp sugar
1 tbsp pomegranate molasses or balsamic syrup
Juice of 1 lemon
2 tbsp olive oil
2 tsp garlic
1 whole dried chilli, finely chopped
2 tsp ground coriander
2 tsp ground cumin
1 onion, finely diced
450g (1lb) minced lamb
2 tbsp flat leaf parsley or fresh parsley
1 fresh pomegranate
Sea salt and black pepper
2. Meanwhile make the meatballs. Heat the olive oil and gently fry the garlic, chilli, coriander and cumin for 1 - 2 minutes, until fragrant and aromatic. Add the onion and fry gently for 4-5 minutes, until softened and golden brown.
3. Remove from the pan and add to a bowl with the minced lamb and 1 tbsp parsley. Season and mix well.
4. Roll the meat into small balls about the size of cherry tomatoes and fry in small batches, over a medium heat, until cooked through. Drain excess liquid as necessary.
5. Remove the meatballs from the pan and drain on absorbent kitchen paper.
6. Add the meatballs to the cherry sauce and cook for a couple of minutes to combine the delicious flavours.
7. Garnish with fresh pomegranate seeds and the rest of the parsley.