Origin of dish:
No rating at the moment! Be the first to
Type of cooking:
Preparation time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 5 minutes
Ingredients (serves 4):
3 gelatine leaves
Method: 1. Pre-heat the oven to 180ºC, 350ºF, Gas Mark 4.
600ml (1 pint) double cream
50g (2oz) caster sugar
1 tsp rose water
4 egg whites
125g (5oz) caster sugar
50g (2oz) plain flour
50g (2oz) ground almonds
50g (2oz) unsalted butter, melted
2 tbsp poppy seeds
2. Soften the gelatine leaves in cold water.
3. Bring the cream and sugar to a gentle boil. Add the softened gelatine and the rose water.
4. Pour into 4 moulds and refrigerate for 5-6 hours.
5. Meanwhile, to make the tuile, lightly beat the egg whites with a fork to add air. Fold in the sugar, flour and ground almonds. Gently fold in the melted butter.
6. Leave to rest for a minimum of 1 hour.
7. Line a baking tray with greaseproof paper and spread the dough finely with a teaspoon forming circles of 8-10cm diameter. Sprinkle with poppy seeds and bake in the oven for 5-7 minutes, watching carefully until golden brown around the edges.
8. Remove from the oven and whilst still soft and warm, bend it gently into a curl to form the tuile. Leave to cool.
9. To serve, remove the panna cotta from the mould (see advice below). Place the tuile on top and serve with seasonal fruit.