Origin of dish:
No rating at the moment! Be the first to
Type of cooking:
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 10 minutes
Ingredients (serves 4):
4 medium sized potatoes, washed peeled and diced
Method: 1. Heat oil in a pot and add dried red chilli, mustard seeds and hing.
½ cup fresh or frozen peas
2 tbsp oil
½ tsp mustard seeds
1 dried red chilli (optional)
1 pinch hing (Asafoetida)
3/4 tsp chilli powder
11/2 Dhana Jeera powder (cumin and coriander powder)
½ cup tinned tomatoes or 2 fresh tomatoes, chopped
½ garlic chutney (garlic paste)
2 tbsp lemon juice
2 tbsp freshly chopped coriander
2. When seeds start to crackle add the potatoes and peas.
3. Add salt, chilli powder, turmeric, sugar and Dhana Jeera powder
4. Mix well and add water. Cover with a lid and cook on a medium heat.
5. When potatoes are done add tomatoes and cook for 2 minutes.
6. Add lemon juice and 1 tbsp of chopped coriander.
7. Serve hot garnished with chopped coriander to accompany chapattis, or puris or naans.