Origin of dish:
No rating at the moment! Be the first to
Type of cooking:
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 5 minutes
Ingredients (serves 4):
135g plain flour
Method: 1. Sieve the flour, baking powder, salt and sugar into a bowl.
1 tsp baking powder
½ tsp salt
2 tbsp caster sugar
1 large egg, lightly beaten
2 tbsp melted butter plus extra for cooking
2. In a jug lightly whisk together the egg and milk when that's combined whisk in the melted butter.
3. Use a fork to beat the milk mixture into the flour mixture until it's smooth and the lumps have disappeared.
4. Heat a large non-stick frying pan or griddle pan over a medium heat and add a knob of butter.
5. As soon as the butter is melted and beginning to bubble, add a level ladle of batter - add as many as you can fit.
6. The batter should be thick and should easily settle into a puffy cake on the pan's surface without spreading too much.
7. Wait until the topof the pancake begins to bubble, then flip it. As it cooks it will raise about 1cm or so.
8. When they're golden on both sides serve or pop them in a warm oven while you use up your batter.