Origin of dish:
No rating at the moment! Be the first to
Type of cooking:
Preparation time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 40 minutes
Ingredients (serves 4):
75g butter, melted, plus extra for greasing
Method: 1. Preheat the oven to 180°C/Gas Mark 4. Crush the biscuits until they resemble rough breadcrumbs, mix with the melted butter and press down into the base of a buttered 24cm cake tin.
175g digestive biscuits
175g blueberries, plus extra for decorating
2 tablespoons sugar
450g cream cheese
150g caster sugar
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
4 eggs, lightly beaten
2. Beat the cream cheese, sugar, vanilla extract and eggs together in a large bowl until smooth and creamy.
3. Pour over the base and bake in the oven for 40 minutes, or until pale golden.
4. Allow to cool in the tin for about 10-15 minutes.
5. Carefully remove the cheesecake from the tin.
6. Heat the blueberries gently in a pan, with the sugar and one tablespoon of water, for five minutes, or until the mixture turns in to a syrup.
7. Leave to cool.
8. Serve cheesecake topped with the cooked blueberries.